Yi Sun-Shin is one of the lesser played marksman in Mobile Legend due to his cost of 32000 battle points or 599 diamonds which is par with Moskov. Despite being the only hero with global ultimate, Yi Sun-Shin is not widely used due to the skill’s long cool down time of 1 minute. However, Yi Sun-Shin does meet the damage requirement of a marksman when sufficiently farmed. Interesting point to note of this hero would be his Katana which activates when he is dealing close ranged damage to opponents.
Yi Sun-Shin is also one of the marksman that possess the ability to stun enemy targets due to his passive. However, this has to be recharged by returning base for the turtle ship. Not practical in my opinion, but definitely an added bonus.
Yi Sun-Shin cost 32000 battle points or 599 diamonds, making him the most expensive marksman alongside with Moskov. With 32000 battlepoints, you will be better off even with a nerfed Moskov or purchase Karrie at 24000 battlepoints.
Choosing the correct Emblem plays an important role in ranked matches. Be sure to select the correct Emblem before starting the game.
+ Global Ultimate which deals sufficient damage to finish off dying targets
+ Ability to Stun via one wave sweep when boards the turtle ship in base
– Global Ultimate has a cool down duration of 1 minute
– Expensive! 32000 battlepoints
Item Build #1 Haas Claw
+70 Physical Attack
Unique: +20% Lifesteal
Unique Passive Insanity
When Hp drops below 40 percent, hero receives extra 10% additional life steal
Item Build #2 Swift Boots
+15% Attack Speed
+40 Movement Speed
Item Build #3 Berserker Fury
+65 Physical Attack
+25% Critical Strike Chance
+40% Crit Damage
Unique Passive Doom
Crit strikes will increase one’s physical attack 5%, lasting 2s.
Item Build #4 Windtalker
+25% Attack Speed
+20 Movement Speed
+20% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive Typhoon
After every 5 basic attacks, the next basic attack must deal 125 magic damage to 3 enemies.
Unique Passive Activate
Each time Typhoon is cast, one’s movement speed will be increased 5% for a short time.
Item Build #5 Scarlet Phantom
+30 Physical Attack
+40% Attack Speed
+10% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive – Frenzy
Item Build #6 Magic Blade of Despair/Deadly Blade/Immortality
Situational based. I like to format my gear setting in this manner so that i can switch accordingly. Blade of Despair gives more physical damage and a boost in attack speed. Deadly blade is a counter for heal, which is useful if your opponent has an estes. Immortality helps when you just need that resurrection if you happened to be targeted.
One Wave Sweep
- The mobility skill for Yi Sun-Shin, allowing him to escape from enemy ganks. Coupled with his passive, Yi Sun-Shin is able to stun enemies with his turtle ship for 1.5 seconds
- Most Yi Sun-Shin players love to spam this skill due to its penetrating nature. This skill does not deal insane amount of damage but does serve well to harass opponents.
- Yi Sun-Shin’s global ultimate which summons a naval fleet to deal 3 wave of damage, 285 points of damage per wave when maxed. Mountain Shocker can prove to be the difference in early game where Yi Sun-Shin is able to catch escaping opponents. However, the skill is easy to dodge with sufficient movement speed and the long cool down duration of 1 minute definitely pose as a problem.
I have no qualms about Yi Sun-Shin but at the cost of 32000 battle points or 599 diamonds, I would advise players to spend the battle points elsewhere instead. While the global ultimate can be really cool, Yi Sun-Shin is considered as an average marksman in the game.